Virtual Voice Workshop
“In Ashridge Consulting, one contribution towards tackling the issue (of our carbon footprint) at source is the Virtual Working initiative. Using a web portal run by WebEX, Sue and a number of consultants have been trialling software that allows online collaboration of the kind that would previously only have been available in a face-to-face meeting. This allows the members of the AC community and clients to ‘meet’ online, despite being in different countries - eliminating the need for air travel.”
“It’s not just the visuals - it’s all the unmeasurable bits that’s also missing in my phone calls. Where is all the subtlety and nuance of a face-to-face conversation? All the different fragrances of tone and timing seem to be squashed out on the telephone.”
- Can our telephone coaching and communication skills improve by becoming aware of the musicality of conversation and the use of music to develop listening skills?
- Would a musical approach to communication move us toward deeper understanding, more meaning or better relationships – can we convey more meaning through the use of music in conversations (i.e. more musical voicing)?
- Is it possible to listen within a voice without the body language?
- Is a vocal coaching process transferable to an organisation and a Virtual Leadership Program (VLP)?
- What elements of vocal coaching can be included in a VLP?
- Is it possible that there can be an improvement in telephone voice in restricted bandwidth (internet phone calls – Skype etc) through better use of tone, resonance and general awareness of the musicality of the voice?
- This workshop aims to put back what the telephone takes away through simple and self-managed, vocal coaching and listening exercises. You will learn how to convey more meaning in a phone conversation through voice tone, resonance and inflection development. You will also learn how to develop multi-level listening through music.
Using straightforward and fun, individual and group exercises, the workshop will help you understand and develop your voice through pitch and pace, resonance and tone, supported by good breathing and posture. “To bring more music into the voice” will bring about a change in the understanding and clarity of your telephone conversations. We will also use music to develop multilevel listening with the aim improving your facilitation of teleconferencing conversations and action learning telephone sessions.