From Content to Tone - A CPD Workshop for Counsellors
This workshop aims to increase awareness of voice tone, pace, inflection and speed through simple and self-managed, vocal coaching and listening exercises. You will learn how to convey more meaning in a conversation through voice tone, resonance and inflection development. You will also learn how to develop multi-level listening through music.
- Can our counselling skills improve by becoming aware of the musicality of conversation and the use of music to develop listening skills?
- Would a musical approach to communication move us toward deeper understanding, more meaning or better relationships – can we convey more meaning through the use of music in conversations (i.e. more musical voicing)?
- Is it possible to listen within a voice - above and beyond content or visuals?
- Is a vocal coaching process relevant or beneficial to the counselling process?
- Is it possible that there can be a measurable improvement in counselling skills through better use of tone, resonance and general awareness of the musicality of the voice?
What you will learn
Using straightforward and fun, individual and group exercises, the workshop will help you understand and develop your voice through pitch and pace, resonance and tone, supported by good breathing and posture. “To bring more music into the voice” will bring about a change in the understanding and clarity of your conversations. We will also use recorded music to develop multilevel listening with the aim improving your awareness of tone in group work.